“And the child grew, and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him.”
- Luke 2:40
We maximize learning by providing children full access to language through visual and auditory methods in a uniquely enriched environment. Our program involves:
- Infant, Toddler, Preschool, and Kindergarten programs as well as before and after school care.
- Our teachers are certified in deaf education, special needs, and early education.
- Speech and language therapy with a certified speech pathologist.
We use a comprehensive teaching method called the ASL-English BiLingual BiModal Approach, which utilizes all modalities possible to achieve successful communication — sign language, voice/oral, auditory awareness, finger spelling, lip-reading, amplification, writing, gestures and/or visual images. This philosophy is individualized to the child’s strengths. Our outcomes are excellent with the manner in which we have implemented this teaching method.
Hopelessness is being replaced with joy, education, and confidence!
A child will not succeed without a loving and supportive family. Our program includes family support and participation including:
- Parent Education Programs where our caring, talented, and highly trained teachers and therapists guide children, assist siblings, equip parents, and engage extended family members in learning how to communicate and advocate for their child.
- Parent Education And Resource Library (PEARL) where families can check out materials to help them learn sign language and child development skills. We have videos, books, flash cards, activity bags and more.
A child needs a healthy body as well as a well-developed mind, so we have an expanding Health and Nutrition program for our children which includes the following:
- Part-time nursing services, fluent in sign language, to conduct health screenings, oversee administration of medicines, consult with parents, and instruct the teachers in effectively teaching about nutrition and safety.
- Good nutrition by serving nearly 50,000 nutritious breakfasts, lunches and snacks to our students every year.
- Encouraging healthy eating choices by introducing balanced and nutritious foods to children.
- Provide exercise opportunities including structured play with exercise trainers and aerobic exercise through dance and sports activities.
- Meet the special diets that several of our children require due to their medical or developmental conditions.
It can be very confusing when you find out your child has a hearing issue. Families can be heartbroken, not knowing where to go or what to do. We see parents heartbroken at not being able to communicate with their child and not sure what the future holds for them. Parents who are not able to understand what the child is asking, not able to share family events and their faith in a comprehensible way. We see children, frustrated at not being understood, who either act out in desperation or shut down in discouragement.
Communication is the key to prevent and reverse these social and emotional breakdowns, and we can help! We provide the family the ability to share and grow together. We demonstrate the love of Jesus and provide a place of peace and hope for the families as they prepare for their future. We employ several teachers who are deaf or hard of hearing who are excellent role models of the successful future that can await each and every child.
We use a Christ-centered curriculum with developmentally appropriate activities including child-centered play, structured learning activities, language, math, science, art, drama, sensory activities and field trips. This builds confidence in the child as they have more and more successes with their family and friends.
For over 20 years we have created hope and a bright future for an entire generation of children who are deaf and hard of hearing or who have communication disorders. Join with us to change the future for the next generation!